Monday, December 12, 2016



It all started back in Feb. 2016. I was expecting and did not realize I would be having 4! The day we came home from the hospital with our little bundle of Joy we also had 3 teenagers move in. I did not know what to expect or anticipate. It was pure chaos, and has been that way since. You see when I met my husband we both were single parents. I had two and he had four... together we have two more. Thankfully the oldest lives on her own. The ages of our children are 10 months, 3 yrs, 10 yrs, 13 yrs, 15 yrs, and a set of twins at 17 yrs. And the oldest at 20 yrs. Yes that is eight children between the two of us! When referring to the children we call them little's the two youngest, the middles the two preteens and the older's. So when I am talking about them you will understand what I am referring to. It was just easier that way especially when talking about them I wouldn't have to list each kids name. So to explain my family is not a blended family. The word blended means; the mixing of two different things to become something altogether different. Yes this concept is a great idea... but when you have teens and preteens and a toddler there is no such thing as blending. They are their own person, and trying to make them become something else is next to impossible! We are a combined family, who loves each other and our own uniqueness. Everyday there is a struggle, and small battle, tears, yelling, and much more. I do not know all the answers, and do not proclaim to. Join me on my journey and crazy experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment