Monday, January 2, 2017

Clean Crazy

With the Holidays I feel like I have been going clean crazy. I am always cleaning and wanting to make sure that the house looks nice as we planned on having company over. I am a huge HGTV fan and when I have time I like to binge watch the shows, I especially like Fixer Upper, Property Brothers and Love it or List it. I watch these shows always thinking how in the world are these houses maculate? It looks like either no one lives in them or that they have a maid! Our house is not a horrible mess, its the laundry and dishes that do pile up, but for the most part it is neat, defiantly not maculate as the houses I see on HGTV. It is so easy to get caught up in the need to have my house look that way and feel upset when it doesn't. I than have reality hit me, I have 7 kids living in the same house! I usually like to have things in order and be organized, but some times I pause and make a decision to relax, or just spend time with my kids. It is not easy when I want to go through each room and clean, but it has been worth it. Taking time to prioritize and knowing what is more important is key. My friends and family know that my house is not going to be perfect, and that really does not matter. They are coming over to visit me, not my house. So when you feel like you can not do it all, just remember its a house, a room and it will be okay. Enjoy your time with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment