Monday, May 22, 2017

Walk


Today I decided to go for a walk, not that it is a great accomplishment or anything to brag about. I have been SO busy with kids, activities, end of school year push and upcoming surgery.
The walk was great! We walked to the closest park and no I am not keeping track of steps, the kids got to play for an hour. It was refreshing to get out of the house!

The end of school is coming up and yes I have to push the kids to finish and finish well! It seems this last week of school most of them do not want to do anything... why is that? Are they that burned out from school that they cannot make it another 4 days? I will be thankful when school is out as well, but I know 4 more days won't be very long.

I am also trying to figure out how to get my house organized and deep cleaned. I am scheduled for surgery the 31st and I will be down for 2 weeks. I am not saying at all that I do everything in the house... but a majority of it I do, and having someone else come over to not only help with the littles during the day but laundry, and dishes? I am still so far behind in our mounds of laundry! Where did all these cloths come from anyway?

I am brac 2 positive so if you are not sure what that means I have about an 85% chance of getting Ovarian cancer/ and also a high risk for Breast cancer. My surgery will be a complete hysterectomy. I have had one doc suggest to do a double mastectomy... yea that is not an option! So I had my first MRI a few weeks ago, and that was so much better then a mammogram! Okay maybe not that much better, still uncomfortable. I have to remain positive in all this right?

If you can today take a few minutes and get out of your house, office or wherever you are. Enjoy what you have! There is more than just a to do list...


No comments:

Post a Comment